cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Kuhnle <li...@kuhnle.net>
Subject CForms binding: provide context information to Convertors
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 11:00:28 GMT
Hi,

I need a converter to convert between Objects and their String IDs. Use
case is e.g. the mapping between Country IDs and Country Objects. The
BeanConvertor does not do the trick, since it can only convert to Objects
it has already seen while converting them to Strings.

Therefor I want to write a new converter that converts using JXPath
expressions. However, this converter needs context information, e.g. to
get to lookup tables. Supplying this means adding the widget (where I can
store attributes) to Convertor.convertTo/FromString signatures.

Since this is an interface change, I thought I'd ask before submitting
patches...

Regards,
Jochen