cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "depub2" <dep...@mxsi.com>
Subject Re: CONTRIBUTION: repeater-widget (insert row): InsertRowsActionDefinition
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 21:37:39 GMT
Hi Sylvain,

I just downloaded a snapshot of CVS  a few days ago (post 2.1.7 release) and
noticed that the InsertRows functionality you had added from my contributed
code is missing in that release... Is there a way to get this permanently
added to the cocoon distribution?

Best Regards,

David Epperly

depub2 wrote:

> David's notes: see below
>
> Sylvain Wallez
> Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:07:07 -0800
>

> Added. When including your patch, I had a quick look at Excel and
> found that the row insertion command adds rows _before_ the selected
> rows as you initially suggested. So I added it that way. I made a
> small change though by clearing the selection after executing the action.
>
> If you'd like your name to be included for fame and posterity in
> Cocoon's release notes, please give us your full name as "David" is a
> bit unprecise.
>
> I think it would be better to not clear the selections and here's why:
> if there is a need to insert, say 32 empty rows, it is much easier if
> the ones that are already checked remain checked; so the use case
> looks like, check 1, insert; check the new one (old one still
> checked), insert; check 2, insert; check 4, insert; check 8 (old 8
> still checked), insert; done! It is very easy to have some very short
> client-side javascript/buttons that "uncheck-all" or "check-all" (we
> have it in our application), so the need to auto-uncheck is not really
> needed - and in fact for the above use-case, hindering.

Ok, it makes sense. I changed it and the selection is now left untouched.

Best Regards,