cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathaniel Alfred" <Alfred.Nathan...@swx.com>
Subject RE: java 1.3 and cocoon 2.1.x branch.
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2005 09:34:59 GMT
Hi Antonio,

The fix was actually quite simple: replace CharSequence by String
because that is the only type for which consume is called.

1.3 compatibility is becoming more and more of a problem since
most developers are now using 1.4 or even 1.5.  One more reason
to stabilize C2.2 and release it that we can freeze 2.1.x and
get rid of JDK1.3.

Until then your role as J1.3 gatekeeper is appreciated.

Cheers, Alfred.

-----Original Message-----
From: Antonio Gallardo [mailto:agallardo@agssa.net]
Sent: Sonntag, 31. Juli 2005 09:27
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: java 1.3 and cocoon 2.1.x branch.

Hi:

I know most of us usually write java code for 1.4. We need keep a
contract with our users, the backward compatibility with java 1.3. If
you ask me, I will vote to move directly to 1.5. ;-)

I was not able to make a quick fix for:

blocks/xsp/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/xsp/XSPExpressionParser.java

at line 228:

CharSequence --> was introduced in 1.4 -->
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/lang/CharSequence.html

Can someone help me here?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

PS: Plase don't take it personally, ok? ;-)

the sender's company.