cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Stevens" <at...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: DirectoryGenerator using abstract Source
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:14:24 GMT
>From: Gianugo Rabellino <gianugo@gmail.com>
>Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 10:29:03 +0200
>
>On 7/14/05, Daniel Fagerstrom <danielf@nada.kth.se> wrote:
>
> > I don't think it is a good idea to deprecate things that have been
> > arround in Cocoon from the very beginning and is part of about every
> > book, tutorial and article that have been written about Cocoon.
>
>I can clearly see your point. Being DG so much part of core Cocoon,
>it's tough stuff to handle. However, it's also very clear how much TG
>is more flexible: if you consider that a guy like Michi, a Cocoon and
>Lenya committer, was unaware of its existence, you'll realize how
>we're doing a very bad job in promoting our stuff,

If it was included in the user docs
(http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/generators/generators.html) then that
might help more people become aware of it...
I've noticed quite a few components which are included in the distribution
but not mentioned in those docs.  I find that surprising since they look
like they are (or could be) generated directly from the sources.

By the way, what does the repository block (which contains the
TraversableGenerator) do anyway?  It's not mentioned in the list on the wiki
at http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/BlockDescriptions

Andrew.