cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XSLT, Code integration resources
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2005 10:16:44 GMT
Hi Robert,

> ...I wanted to ask the developers on the list if you guys had tabs on
> any
> particularly good resources for XSLT and what sort of documentation
> there is for the integration of code?..

After the tutorials, for me the best reference on XSLT is Michael Kay's
book (http://users.breathe.com/mhkay/). I also have some bookmarks at
http://del.icio.us/bdelacretaz/xslt

But the zvon tutorials are probably better to start, the book is a bit
steep to start with (at least my edition, but I think the current one
is newer).

For general info about Cocoon and integration of java code, you might
want to start with the Supersonic Tour. It's online at
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/release/samples/blocks/tour/intro/
docs/index.html, or you'll find it on your local Cocoon installation.
The java code stuff is very basic there but it gives a starting point.

As we're going to use Lucene for indexing, you could also have a look
at the Lucene and querybean blocks.

I should be able to put my prototype cocoon-refdoc code in the
whiteboard in about 24 hours so that you have concrecte stuff to start
with, but it's a busy week here before holidays...

-Bertrand