cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Savory <and...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: [CForms] Stylesheets incompatible with Saxon 8
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:13:54 GMT
Hi,

On 12 Jul 2005, at 09:59, Ugo Cei wrote:

> What I did locally is to remove the declaration from all the
> included files and move it to forms-samples-styling only. I did a
> quick tour of the forms samples (using Xalan) and they all seem to
> still work.
>
> Unless there's some serious objection, I'm going to commit this fix
> soon. We can always revert, in any case.

Re: svn commit: r215954 - in /cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/blocks/
forms: java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/

-  <xsl:param name="resources-uri">resources</xsl:param>

.... ouch! :-(

This breaks any site that makes use of any of the individual cforms
styling xslt on their own.

Can we revert this change until a better (or more backward-
compatible) way of handling it is devised?

Or do we just accept that cforms is unstable, in which case we need
to warn everyone that this has happened, and the likely errors they
are going to get (javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: Could not
find variable with the name of resources-uri).

Andrew.

Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135
Web: http://www.luminas.co.uk/
Orixo alliance: http://www.orixo.com/