cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Graham <intr...@gmail.com>
Subject Configuring Lucene Indexing, Solved
Date Sun, 24 Jul 2005 05:49:05 GMT

>   <lucene-xml-indexer logger="core.search.lucene">
>       <index-fields>snippet_id, metadata, comment</index-fields>
>       <store-fields>snippet_id, metadata, comment, filename, key,
> type</store-fields>
>   </lucene-xml-indexer>

This is the correct way to configure things.

> I put this in WEB-INF/xconf/cocoon-lucene.xconf -- in the
> documentation it says to put it in the cocoon.xconf, but it seems like
> it belongs in cocoon-lucene.xconf. The cocoon-crawler,
> lucene-xml-indexer, etc. tags are all there by default. I assume that
> if correct this configuration will set the indexer to try to
> store/index those fields when encountered in making an index. It
> doesn't seem to do anything different from when I didn't have it in
> terms of the index generated at
> http://localhost/cocoon/samples/blocks/lucene/create. I was under the
> assumption that it would.

It wasn't really updating the index for whatever reason, until I
deleted the old index folder and restarted Tomcat. I'm not totally
sure what caused things to work, but I know that those are the only
new things I did.

While I've solved the problem of creating the right index, I'm still
not sure the solution wil work for refdoc.

Robert Graham