cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Graham <intr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Index
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:14:32 GMT
On 7/18/05, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
> Le 18 juil. 05, à 16:40, Robert Graham a écrit :
> > ...And I seem to be tending away from the Lucene block and toward
> > Lucene
> > itself or at least the 1.4.3 jar that comes with Cocoon. Is that an
> > unwanted design decision?..
>
> Not necessarily - the good thing about the Lucene block is the ability
> to crawl a collection of documents by following links. If you have a
> good solution for that, no problem!

I've seen it in some examples(XMLSearch), but I'm afraid that I
haven't seen enough of the crawler t understand how to utilize it. As
far as a solution, the best I've done is a recursive directory file
indexer that moves from a given top level directory through all the
files therein, thats in a custom Java Indexer.

Robert Graham