cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] The impact of using OSGi
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:47:15 GMT
Le 25 juil. 05, à 10:31, Sylvain Wallez a écrit :
> ...- from a technical POV, OSGi is lightweight and has at least 3
> robust opensource implementations. So we just have to use one of them,
> and not spend time about writing the container. And this as an
> immediate effect: during the ApacheCon hackaton, the question that
> were raised where of much lower level than those we ever had before
> regarding real blocks...

I take it that you mean much *higher* level ;-)

And I agree, one big benefit of going for OSGI for the classloading
machinery is that it helps us focus on our "core business".

BTW, for people who haven't seen it yet, a summary of what we did and
discussed is available at
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Blockathon2005Report

-Bertrand