cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] The impact of using OSGi
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:40:17 GMT
Le 25 juil. 05, à 12:57, Upayavira a écrit :

> ...OSGi by default doesn't do any dependency resolution. Either by
> package, or by 'block'. In which case, if we use Maven for it at build
> time, we're still stuck with a need for it at deploy time, which seems
> a little odd...

I don't think we should use Maven for runtime dependency resolution, as
it's not its role.

My point was that, as our build system will have to change a lot for
OSGI (I assume, based on the need to create multiple bundles and to
make it easy to add metadata to them) , and we've been talking about
moving to Maven a few times without finding sufficient motivation to do
it, the move to OSGI might be the right time to move to Maven as well.

But it's only a suggestion, as I'm not going to work on it in the next
few weeks, and it has (IMHO) nothing to do with runtime. Just meant to
[RT] the idea.

-Bertrand