cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject [CForms] Creating an intermediate object in binding
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2005 14:04:10 GMT
Let's assume I have a Person class:

public class Person {
   public String getFirstname();
   public String getLastname();
   public Address getAddress();
}

and an Address class:

public class Address {
   public String getStreet();
   public String getTown();
}

I am building a form interface for editing a Person, with this binding:

<fb:value id="street" path="address/street"/>

Now, when trying to save the form, JXPath will do a
jxpathContext.createPathAndSetValue which will fail because
person.getAddress() is null and the JXPath context doesn't know how to
create an Address.

I could work around this problem by making sure person.address is not
null before loading it into the form, but I don't like this solution. A
better option, maybe, would be setting a factory on the context, like
is shown here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jxpath/users-
guide.html#Creating%20Objects

My problem is: where do I set this factory in CForms, assuming this is
possible at all?

	Thanks in Advance,

		Ugo

--