cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CForms] Stylesheets incompatible with Saxon 8
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 17:33:09 GMT
Il giorno 12/lug/05, alle 19:22, Joerg Heinicke ha scritto:

>>> I'm doing this :-) As the name says, it's forms-*samples*-styling
>>> and it has nothing to do with my application.
>> I am doing this as well; in fact I'm only using
>> forms-field-styling.xsl
>> not imported by anything else.  So removing that variable declaration
>> will break the individual stylesheets when used alone.  Authors
>> shouldn't have to create a stylesheet that does nothing but include
>> another single stylesheet and declare a single variable.
>
> The way you and Reinhard are using it is the way I planned and
> implemented it. Unfortunately it is not standard compliant as shown
> not only by Saxon, but also by XSLTC. There were complaints about it,
> but I never fixed for the reason you wrote above. Now that it is
> changed, I won't revert it though ;-)

I tried changing includes to imports in forms-samples-styling.xsl but
this breaks the samples. I couldn't spot where the difference was
between the two outputs, but the layout of the form1 sample is wrong
and tabs disappeared.

Now, if someone who is better than me at XSL-T wants to submit a patch
that makes the stylesheets compliant with the spec and working with
most processors, while allowing to use one of them in isolation, I'd be
glad to test it and apply it. Just don't expect me to do it :)

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei
Tech Blog: http://agylen.com/