cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocon 2.1.7 upgrade breaks CachingURICoplets
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2005 13:09:51 GMT
Jean-Baptiste Quenot schrieb:
> * Nick Goupinets:
>

>>After going through  some more debugging, I think  I figured out
>>why continuation  is not resumed:  coplet content is  taken from
>>cache. That's not much  of a relief because now I  am faced with
>>the question why cache is not refreshed.
>

> CachingURICoplet    is    not   compatible    with    FlowScript's
> continuations.   You have  to  invalidate coplet  programmatically
> upon form submission.
>
> AFAICT it has nothing to do  with Cocoon 2.1.7, it has always been
> like that.
The caching uri coplet caches the contents until an event for exactly
this coplet occurs. An event can be some user interaction with this
coplet like clicking a link or submitting a form. In these cases, the
cache of the coplet has to be invalidated.
If you're using the caching uri coplet, you can use some additional
transformer also available in the portal that rewrites all of the urls
in your coplet like links and form submits. The rewriting adds the
necessary events to invalidate the cache. So in fact, you can simple use
the caching uri coplet and the transformer and that's it.

Have a look at the demo portal and the samples using flow and forms.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/