cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r225800 - in /cocoon: blocks/mail/trunk/java/org/apache/cocoon/mail/transformation/SendMailTransformer.java trunk/status.xml
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:33:51 GMT
sylvain@apache.org wrote:

> +    <action dev="SW" type="fix" fixes-bug="35618" due-to="Philippe Gassmann" due-to-email="phil@anyware-tech.com">
> +      Mail block: Allow any of the Cocoon-provided protocols to be used for attachments
in SendMailTransformer.
> +      This means that "cocoon:" URLs are no more rewritten as external http requests.
> +    </action>

I think now I remember why an external http request was used. It was not
possible to include non xml attachments, as the Cocoon protocol did not
use the serializer specified in the sitemap but always the xml serializer.
So, adding a Cocoon generated PDF as an attachment was not possible.
Using an external request of course worked.

I think, if this is now possible (looking at the source seems to say
yes, but I haven't tested), then we don't need the external http
requests anymore. In this case, sorry for the noise!

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/