cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <colle...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: [history] The first cocoon web site
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 15:13:16 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> http://web.archive.org/web/19991012034854/java.apache.org/cocoon/index.html
>
> This is close to be 6 years ago.
>
> It seems soooo far away, technologically speaking, there wasn't even ant
> nor tomcat around!
>
> Makes you wonder what it will be 6 years from now...

I have seen the future, and it is Cocoon...

"We should be willing to embrace ideas like closures, continuations, and
more dynamic typing—even if it means that Java 3 breaks backward
compatibility. I'm putting the finishing touches on a book called Beyond
Java. In Beyond Java, I make the point that conditions are ripe for an
alternative to emerge. I don't pick what the alternative will be. I just
show some of the productivity problems with Java and I show the types of
projects in other languages that are interesting. Frameworks like
Ruby-on-Rails, Seaside and continuations servers in Lisp and SmallTalk
could well become catalysts for another language."

http://javaboutique.internet.com/reviews/tate/index-3.html

Tony