cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: GSoC project - cform XUL status request
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 21:19:56 GMT
On 26.07.2005 20:06, Heh wrote:

> Next is the XUL form processing. My understanding is that XUL is
> inherently a "form", that's what a User Interface is supposed to do.
> But a html form is an add-on to the HTML document,  so compared to
> HTML forms, XUL has no equivalent to the <FORM> tag (maybe because
> it's already a form), and if a XUL application is to behave like an
> HTML form, then form submission scripts need to be added to each XUL
> form. I am thinking about how to use XMLHttpRequest object to
> implement XUL form submission functionality. Any suggestions are
> welcome here, it's the design issue, what aspects should I consider?

There is no form processing built into XUL. You have to implement it
yourself using XMLHttpRequest. That was what my mails regards the
proposal on the list was about. You can read it in the archives. Also
there is not much sense about handling XUL exactly like HTML. XUL has
its own templating mechanism.

Joerg