cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Initial ECM <-> OSGi bridge checked in
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 19:25:56 GMT
Hi all,

I committed an initial ECM <-> OSGi bridge in
src/org/apache/cocoon/core/osgi.

This code is untested and there are still some pending points, but I
wanted to share it ASAP so that we can discuss these issues.

What we have there is a ServiceManagerActivator that will create an
ECM++. In this ECM, components that have exported="true" on their
configuration are registered as OSGi services.

Also, the parent of this ECM is an OSGiServiceManager that looks up
non-local components as OSGi services.

The ECM is given a LoggerManager that uses OSGi's LogService. We may
consider using an optional LoggerManager service if present, as
LogService has some limitations (no categories, and no isXxxEnabled
methods).

The main pending point is the avalon context for the created ECM. Cocoon
places a lot of environment-related information there that I currently
don't know where to get from. Maybe this should be obtained from the
Cocoon core bundle?

Sylvain