cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xconf snippets in sitemap (Re: [RT] The impact of using OSGi)
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 14:51:15 GMT
Upayavira wrote:

> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> Upayavira wrote:

>>> However, already in trunk you have the ability to specify xconf
>>> snippets in your sitemap, meaning you don't need to patch the core one.
>>

>> Can you provide a pointer to an example for this. It sounds really
>> useful for Forrest.
>

> Er. It is in trunk. 'Fraid I haven't used it yet, and therefore can't
> point you at it. But try looking at some of the sitemaps there.

Nono, it's not trunk only, but has been there from day one in the
TreeProcessor, although undocumented :-)

Basically, just add components as you would to in cocoon.xconf in
<map:components>. Be aware though that those components can only be used
in the sitemap that declares them and its children.

Trunk has a few more features than 2.1.x though:
- new components can be added to a selector (in 2.1 a selector can only
be redefined totally)
- component declarations can be externalized using <include src="">
- each sitemap can have its own classpath (although this feature may be
dropped in favor of OSGi)

Sylvain