cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From JD Daniels ...@kismetsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [RT] The impact of using OSGi
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 09:16:43 GMT
Ok, I have a question from a user perspective. I have a large, basically
company-wide build system. Each of my own projects has its own build,
which is included in a "domain" project. I have as an init task to build
cocoon, then all my little projects depending on a properties file
whether to include them. Then an awful lot of complicated xpatching to
get my final web.xml, cocoon.xconf, and sitemap.xmap.

will I be able to port (for lack of a better word) these projects into
an osgi bundle? ( they all use the CHS design ) how will the hibernate
setup and sitemaps be integrated? I have a file in each project
pipelines, logging, menus, etc that get patche din during the build. I'm
wondering if the goodness of osgi in cocoon will take care of this.

I am asking because I get the impression the osgi will be "hidden" from
me at the level I use cocoon.

JD