cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moving TraversableGenerator into Cocoon core
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 07:54:17 GMT

Joerg Heinicke wrote:

>But I came across a strange thing: There is no scratchpad block in the
>branch. Why? And why are the blocks in the branch not handled in the
>same way (svn:external) as in trunk? Couldn't this be done transparent
>to the users? And while we are at it: From what I see the branch is
>not built by gump. Any reason for this?

We voted some time ago to have the scratchpad block only once (in
trunk). This makes developing new stuff easier as you don't have to
synchronize with the branch etc.
We could use svn:external for branch as well, but we can't point to the
same version as trunk does. The blocks for trunk differ in some aspects
(for example configuration, no Component interface).

I think we should really start seeing branch as what it should be: a
maintenance branch ;) And try to get a 2.2 out asap.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/