cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Guido Casper <gcas...@s-und-n.de>
Subject Re: DirectoryGenerator using abstract Source
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:08:28 GMT
Andrew Stevens wrote:
> By the way, what does the repository block (which contains the
> TraversableGenerator) do anyway?  It's not mentioned in the list on the
> wiki at http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/BlockDescriptions

Sorry for the late answer.

The repository block was once meant to contain abstractions to be used
with several kinds of repository implementations (like the Source
interface(s)) and additional components built on top of these
abstractions (like the TraversableGenerator).

The block now contains several more or less "parallel efforts" which in
part are somewhat stalled. I'm myself guilty of one of those and if I
don't find time to continue to work on it RSN I'll go for removing that
one from SVN to reduce confusion.

Guido

--
Freundliche Grüße / With kind regards