cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Franz <afra...@optushome.com.au>
Subject Re: DatabaseReader problem with 2.1.7, help needed (fwd)
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2005 04:54:13 GMT
I haven't used SQL server from C2.
All I can suggest is to keep on isolating the problem, e.g try the JDBC
driver directly under Tomcat using JSP
e.g. try the following - put it under webapps/jsp-examples
(substitute driver & url accordingly, the following is for Oracle)

If it works, the problem is your Cocoon setup or Cocoon. If not, the
problem is the driver or JDBC setup.

Sometimes I think that it would be quicker and easier to strip away
*all* of the layers and go back to using the file system.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<jsp:root version="1.2"
    xmlns:jsp="http://java.sun.com/JSP/Page"
    xmlns:c="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core"
    xmlns:sql="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/sql">
<jsp:directive.page contentType="text/html"/>
<jsp:directive.page import="java.text.*"/>

<sql:setDataSource var="xdb" driver="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:dbname"  user="scott"
password="tiger" />
<sql:query var="qkpi" dataSource="${xdb}" maxRows="20"
startRow="0">SELECT * FROM mytable</sql:query>
<c:forEach var="columnName" items="${qkpi.columnNames}"><td><c:out
value="${columnName}"/></td></c:forEach>
<c:forEach var="row" items="${qkpi.rowsByIndex}" varStatus="vs">
value="${col}"/></td></c:forEach></tr>
</c:forEach>
</jsp:root>