cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Gallardo <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Xerces 2.7.0 in 2.1.8-dev (was Re: svn commit: r201870 - in /cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/blocks: forms/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/util/DomHelper.java woody/java/org/apache/cocoon/woody/util/DomHelper.java)
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2005 23:07:54 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>On Lun, 27 de Junio de 2005, 11:45, Vadim Gritsenko dijo:
>

>>Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>>

>>>On Lun, 27 de Junio de 2005, 8:34, Vadim Gritsenko dijo:

>>>The problem is the old org.apache.xerces.dom3.UserDataHandler does not
>>>exists in the new Xerces version.
>>>
>>>What to do?
>>>

>>There are at least two options:

>>  * Check presense of the new xerces using reflection,
>>    and make sure code works with both old xerces and new one.
>>

>The easier is to go back. :-)
>
>I will revert xerces today at night in cocoon 2.1.x.

I didn't the reversion because I was very busy + Sylvain suggested
another way instead of reversion. I am planning this weekend to do the job.

Here is the Sylvain mail:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=111990875625491

I wonder if somebody is having troubles with the new xerces version
2.7.0. I found we need to place the new xerces.jar  and xml-apis.jar m
in java/lib/endorsed to make use of it.

All in all, please step up if the change is not desired at all.

Comments?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo