cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [osgi] The CocoonServlet runs under OSGi!
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 06:56:32 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>
>> After the latest commit to osgi it is possible to serve webpages
>> through OSGi. Most of the core samples works.
>

> wow!!!
:)

> <snip/>
>
>> * Then I would like to move the OSGi stuff to trunk and start to
>> integrate it with the build system and start script. The current build
>> system for the bundles that not is connected to the build system in
>> trunk, is rather painfull during development. Ant integration is
>> unpractical to do without moving.
>
> As I spent a lot of time in working on and thinking about the build
> system I will help here.
Great, I'll describe the requirements soon so that we can start to work
on that.

> One question: Do you want to move to Eclipse
> before or after the merge with trunk?
I'd like to move to Eclipse first, which hopefully is not such a big
deal. All bundles are installable as is, there are still some dependency
issues to track down. Compared to the plan of yesterday, it would be
better to move before writing the bundle source as it will be hard to
test it whithout puting it in core.

> (no panic, AFAIU we don't need to break anything for this integration)
Do people find a need for a vote or poll about moving the OSGi stuff to
the trunk? As Reinhard says, its not going to break anything, but it
will mean that we start to put dependencies on the OSGi framework jar in
core. Rather soon it will be hard to make much more progress whithout
such a step.

WDYT?

/Daniel