cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Blockathon] agenda proposal
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2005 06:21:20 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le 4 juil. 05, à 07:38, Reinhard Poetz a écrit :
>
>> ...We both think that placing Cocoon on the top of OSGi should be our
>> main goal...
>

> Hmm..dare I say "create an exploratory prototype of Cocoon running on
> top of OSGI" instead?

yes, that's better and closer to that what we mean. Danniel and I are confident
that OSGi will be a good solution but this is still unproven. We would like to
see a prototyp running after the 3 days so that we have something to decide and
discuss about. As we have seen, further discussions on technical details don't
bring as forward any more.

> I totally agree with the idea, it's just that we don't want to scare our
> users too much before there is concrete evidence that this will work ;-)

Just want to mention that I don't think that our users need to know about OSGi
at all if they don't want. They have to describe their block in the descriptor
(block.xml) and the rest will be done automatically.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc