cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject [Blockathon] agenda proposal
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2005 05:38:48 GMT

I had some discussions with Daniel about the upcoming Blockathon. Don't worry,
we both don't believe that a completly organized event with a strict agenda is
that what we need and want.

We both think that placing Cocoon on the top of OSGi should be our main goal.
Doing this we should focus on

  - "new" Cocoon architecture (layers, initialization, running Cocoon
    in different environments, refreshing classloaders, etc.)
  - component management on top of OSGi (Avalon and Spring components)
  - usecases for real blocks

When we say "focus on" we mean discussions triggered by mini-presentations (10 -
15 minutes) and writing code. We don't want an event where we only do the one
and forget about the other.

Carsten, Daniel and I will prepare a couple of mini-presentations:

  Daniel: OSGi
  Daniel: sitemap blocks
  Carsten: component management
  Reinhard: usecases and deployment

These presentations will be available and can be held whenever the right moment
for them will come.

In order to make this loose organization possible, I asked Upayavira whether he
wants to take the role of the moderator. He happily accepted and will keep an
eye on the process so that we don't get side-tracked and also don't get lost in
details.

Comments, thoughts, wishes?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc