cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Accessing the Daisy repository directly
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 08:43:17 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le 30 juin 05, à 23:22, Ross Gardler a écrit :
>
>> ...Does anyone know if port 9263 is open on the zone?
>

> It is, and apparently still accessible from the outside (works from
> here), but you need HTTP authorization to make requests to it.

Yes, I am handling the authentication. But I'm not even given the
opportunity to authenticate because connection is refused. For example:

I would expect:

http://cocoon.zones.apache.org:9263

to ask me for a username and password, requesting a similar URL for my
test server does so.

I would expect:

http://username:password@cocoon.zones.apache.org:9263

to authnticate me, requesting a similar URL for my test server does so.

If we are sure the port is open then this is probably one for the Daisy
lists. I'll take it there next week unless Steven Noels spots this thread.

Ross