cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lucene Index
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2005 17:19:44 GMT
Hi Robert,

> ...What I'm trying to do is get a crawler to walk through all the links
> that the current refdoc code generates and have the Lucene block index
> them and allow me to search them through Cocoon pipelines and grab
> matching results for transforming and serializing...

sounds good.

> The sitemap has the necessary views in place for Lucene and all the
> documents and directories have crawler friendly sets of links to
> follow to each file. I've even gotten the Lucene block samples page to
> generate something from what I've got there (showing up as an 'index'
> folder in /WEB-INF/work/), but searching it seems ineffectual for
> whatever reasons....

You might want to look at the generated index using a Lucene utility,
Luke for example, it's an index viewer and "querier" with a GUI. Don't
have the URL here as I'm offline right now, but you'll find it.

> ...I would like to be able to specify in the sitemap for the indexing
> be done and what sorts of searches I want to do, which I can't figure
> out. I'd also like to be able to configure the indexing to index
> and/or store certain elements and while I've seen some minimal
> examples of this in the XMLSearching documentation I can't figure out
> how to make it work for me...

The first step is to make sure the index contains what you think, Luke
should help you here. And you can also test your queries in it.

> ...I feel very stupid asking all this, but I can't seem to find enough
> resources to sort it all out. Thanks for all the help...

No worries, your questions are welcome, just ask more if needed!

-Bertrand