cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: community input on the GSoC
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2005 07:20:22 GMT
On Friday 08 July 2005 13:52, Upayavira wrote:
> Actually, it is for two reasons. (1) because they need to run svnpasswd
> to set their password. (2) because, IIUC, mail when sent must come from
> a real email account (something to do with antispam).

1) Not really necessary :o) Convenient and necessary for the permanent people,
but a temporary measure of 'handing a password down' is probably an
acceptable price for involved parties.

2) This one is interesting though. The SVN I am administering uses the primary
email address of each user as the username, and by default it works then...
Since the current svn-auth file is free from @ signs, that could work. Make
sure they all have GMail accounts??

> More than that, I can't really say ('cos I don't understand enough).

:o) I know the feeling!

Cheers
Niclas