cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CForms] Creating an intermediate object in binding
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2005 14:52:15 GMT
Il giorno 29/lug/05, alle 16:34, Leszek Gawron ha scritto:

> There is one more thing that is awkward with binding: imagine you have
> a  OR model with many-to-many relationship. Cforms will allow you to
> create  a form with a selection list to define those relationships.
> But wait: what you get are the ids of entities not entities
> themselves.
>
> Binding API does not give you access to service manager so you won't
> be able to lookup some dao and load the entity by its id.

I have defined a custom type and convertor for that. The convertor is
actually managed by Spring and populated with a DAO and the convertor's
factory returns the Spring-managed instance instead of creating a new
one.

But this does not help me with my problem.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei
Tech Blog: http://agylen.com/