cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: [RT] The impact of using OSGi
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 14:19:18 GMT
On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 10:24 +0200, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Hi Carsten,

> BTW this maps nicely to the Maven concept of smaller projects organized
> in a hierarchy, and people are working on a Maven 2 plugin to create
> OSGI bundles, so we have some hints here ;-)

As m2's notion of small separate builds came from my first workings with
Avalon I think it is definitely a good fit. I talked at length with Alex
and Enrique about Oscar and am definitely thinking along the lines of
phasing out Plexus and using Oscar. Ultimately this means m2 being OSGi-
based. So I'm definitely interested in seeing how you deal with this
situation as you have many more users of Cocoon then the Plexus folks.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

Simplex sigillum veri. (Simplicity is the seal of truth.)