cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Implementing <map:mount...> in Forrest Locationmap
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 11:39:50 GMT
On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 12:57 +0200, Unico Hommes wrote:

> Hi Ross! Great to see Forrest is finally making use of the locationmap.
> I've been using it successfully myself for quite a while now.
>
> Ross Gardler wrote:
> > Quite some time ago Unico created a Locationmap module for Forrest.
> > This allows us to specify where the source file for a request is
> > located independently of the client request URL. this excellent code
> > has sat in our SVN for far too long, waiting for someone with a
> > strong enough itch to make real use of it. With the release of 0.7
> > and therefore the start of 0.8 development it has come out of hiding
> > and is now enabled in our core. It is a key part of integrating
> > repositories and CMSs such as Slide, Daisy and Lenya.
> >
> > The Locationmap code [1] reuses code from Cocoon rather than starting
> >  from scratch.
>
> The part of Cocoon that is reused are Matchers and Selectors and some
> ideas in the treeprocessor package, but not the parsing and interpreting
> code of the treeprocessor itself which among other things concerns mounting.

First of all great work Unico (OT BTW in spanish your name means "the
only one"). :)

Talking about selectors in the lm. I gave it a shoot last month with the
select type="exist", but I was stumbling over the map:when/otherwise
syntax that seems not be implemented in the lm.

How do we (I am as well from forrest) have to extend that part? Maybe
you would like to join force again because now that we understood the
power of your work, we would like to further enhance it. You are the
creator and I guess you know how to get the most out of it. ;-)

Thanks for helping us out.

salu2
thorsten

--