cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code - projects and mentors wanted
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 12:06:46 GMT
Le 1 juin 05, à 13:51, Mark Leicester a écrit :

>> I have entered a project at
>> http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2005#cocoon-refdoc
>
> An excellent proposal! I'll be around during that period and am keen
> to offer my 2p also.

Thanks! Of course, all technical discussions about these projects will
happen on the respective mailing lists, so you'll be more than welcome
to give feedback and/or help the students.

IIUC the role of the mentors is more a committment to the student (and
to Google) that someone will be here to assist them and assess their
work, but actual work is meant to happen right here, in collaboration
with all community members as usual.

The ASF still has to clarify how to allow the students to contribute
their code easily, as they won't be given full commit access unless
they're committers already, but we want them to get acquainted with the
actual process that we're using. We might use SVN sandboxes or branches
with different access rights, but this hasn't been formally decided
yet.

I think it's like having an intern work at your company: you want them
to have the tools but not to use the really sharp ones on their own.

-Bertrand