cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Savory <and...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: #cocoon
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 10:25:12 GMT
Hi Jorg,

On 19 May 2005, at 20:50, Jorg Heymans wrote:

> At the moment, conversations on #cocoon are not logged.

<snip/>

> I still think it is useful to log everything being said there and
> include it somewhere for reference.

<snip/>

> Objections? Thoughts?

I'd object because the IRC channel can contain informal chat as well as
useful reference. IMHO the best way to get useful reference archived is
for summaries of chats that resolve a problem to be posted back to the
mailing list. This lets people talk in an informal context, but ensures
useful content is not lost.

Andrew.

Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135
Web: http://www.luminas.co.uk/
Orixo alliance: http://www.orixo.com/