cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist <mlundqui...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Cocoon and Java
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 09:01:39 GMT
On 2005-06-27 07:19:08 -0700, "Matteo Mancini" <m.mancini@sintesinet.com> said:

> I need to know something about the best way to interact with Cocoon =
> object via java code.
> More exactly I need to retrieve the Session Object in order to set and =
> get attributes.

Hi Mateo,

The best way (IM...HO of course ;-) is to implement the 'controller'
aspect of your application in Flowscript (Rhino Javascript with
continuations... built in to Cocoon).

Salient points:

[1] Since it's Rhino, you have LiveConnect, i.e. Java classes & objects
accessible from flowscript;

[2] In flowscript, you don't have to mess with any Session Object.  If
you write

	var foo;

at the global scope, then foo automatically is attached to the session.

[3] Session variable considerations aside, flowscript is a fun, cool
and productive way to do Cocoon applications.

have fun,
—ml—