cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Hunsberger <peter.hunsber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: xslt and jxtg performance
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 18:08:33 GMT
On 5/31/05, Daniel Fagerstrom <danielf@nada.kth.se> wrote:
> BURGHARD √Čric wrote:
> > Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> >
> >>If you want to help making JXTG faster you need to submit more
> >>information. We need examples that reproduce this behaviour with the
> >>JXTG template and the corresponding XSLT. We also need to know exactly
> >>what version of 2.2 you used. How did you measure preformance? Profiling
> >>info is rather helpful
> >>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=111625859100003&r=1&w=2.
> >>
> > I apologize.
>
> No problem, these performance issues is always a little bit touchy ;)

It should probably be pointed out that other people have found that
the latest releases of Saxon 8 are significantly faster than previous
versions of Saxon (and it was already faster than many processors).
We've seen much better preformance for some of our stuff.  So, much of
this might be a Saxon issue and not JXTG/Cocoon issue...

<snip/>

--
Peter Hunsberger