cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject v2 (was Re: [CForms binding] access to model data from repeater row widget)
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 15:41:25 GMT

On Jun 20, 2005, at 11:42 PM, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> BTW, why do you prefer v2 rather than v1?

Honestly I can't remember ATM... :-)

I switched a long time ago because (a) I was under the impression that
v2 was where the form API was headed, and (b) more importantly, there
were specific things that I could do in v2 and not in v1.  I think the
the clincher had to do with actions, and being able to access something
or other from within the action callback, or something.  Like I said, I
switched long enough ago that I can't remember now in terms of "can't
do that in v1" things.

I'm actually using a custom extension to Form that encapsulates a
standard usage model that I've settled on, mostly naming and locations
of things.  And I based that on v2, so for the time being I've stuck
myself with it :-)

—ml—