cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [Docs] Refactoring, porting Wiki content, and evaluating Daisy
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 09:58:57 GMT
On 13 Jun 2005, at 11:18, Linden H van der (MI) wrote:

>> Unpublished versions are only shown to people with write access to
>> these documents.
>
> True for the SimpleDocument, but not for the navigation tree. I cannot
> quickly see changes in the navigation tree unless I publish the latest
> version.

Ah - true.

Currently, only "live" versions of documents are shown, this is the
"last" version which has the "publish" flag set.

Ideally, we should make this configurable in the site definition, so
that a site shows the "last" version - also for the navigation. This is
not possible ATM, and requires a bit of work. In-page queries should
also list the "last" version then, instead of the "live" on.

I agree that work for editors (non-publishers) is harder then necessary
ATM, because of this limitation. But it's not something we can fix here
and now, though it's a very useful thing to put in the Daisy roadmap.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org