cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Kuhnle <li...@kuhnle.net>
Subject Re: Why does XSPMarkupLanguage wrap text in xsp:text?
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 19:39:04 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko <vadim@reverycodes.com> wrote on 06.06.2005 16:19:44:

> Jochen Kuhnle wrote:
> > I noticed that XSPMarkupLanguage.characters wraps text in
> > xsp:text elements. Is there a reason for this? At least my XSPs work
> > without this...
>
> This logic has been there since beginnings of Cocoon2 XSP implementation
[1]
> (line 134), and I'd suggest leaving it there as logicsheets might
bedependent
> on this.
>
> I guess original idea was that text() nodes can be safely ignored, while

> xsp:text nodes are meaningful. It might be still true, haven't
> digged deeper...

Hmm, I don't think this behaviour is very intuitive, especially if
compared to XSLT's handling of <xsl:text>. Maybe we could make it
configurable and deprecate it? Especially if doing so does not break
anything?

> Vadim
>
> [1]
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.

cgi/cocoon-1/src/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/xsp/XSPMarkupLanguage.
> java?rev=1.1.2.1&only_with_tag=xml-cocoon2&view=markup

Regards,
Jochen