cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathaniel Alfred" <Alfred.Nathan...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [RFE] Some enhancements to XSP
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 08:42:29 GMT

I think it is a bad idea to use exactly the same syntax as for XSLT because it
makes really awkward to use XSP attribute interpolation inside logicsheets.
You end up wasting your time figuring out which curly mountain is needed to
get the expression to be interpreted by the right engine.

It should be easy for both humans and the XSP processor to distinguish between
XSP and XSLT expressions.

I don't know AxKit in detail but I assume that them using "{foo}" syntax means
that they are not using XSLT-based logicsheets.  Anyway, we can still claim to
use a common standard by defining:

   interpolated-expr ::= '{' language-expr '}'
   language-expr ::= perl-expr | '?' java-expr | '?' javascript-expr | '?' python-expr

> As for backward compatibility, is is already solved by:
>
>    <xsp:page attribute-value-interpolation="no">

But the default value should be attribute-value-interpolation="yes", provided
we can agree on a syntax which is highly unlikely to be used in existing XSPs.

Cheers, Alfred.

the sender's company.