cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Ezkovich <g...@hard-bop.com>
Subject Re: Sitemap: flow and interpreters
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2005 14:06:40 GMT

On Jun 11, 2005, at 8:41 AM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>
>> Le 11 juin 05, à 11:30, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :
>>

>>> ...Ok, so we should decide if we want to support more than one flow
>>> language per sitemap, first...
>>>

>> Is there a need for this? It might lead to some confusion, and IIUC
>> there's always the workaround of using several sitemaps if someone
>> needs several flow languages simultaneously.
>>

> I honestly don't know. The problem I see is that you are allowed to
> define several scripts with different languages per sitemap, but
> the map:call addresses always the last map:flow node.
>

>> So I'm not sure if it's worth the effort (but I don't know how big
>> the
>> effort is ;-)
>>

> I think fixing this is very easy, just a few minor changes and that's
> it. The other solution is to allow only one map:flow node per sitemap.
> But I think we should do one or the other.

The fix appears easy, but is something broken? Has someone expressed
the desire to use two languages in a single sitemap or is this just
an instance of feature creep? My fear is that this may lead to
conflicts in function naming that we will need to resolve in the
future. On the other hand your proposal for a SitemapEnvironment
object seems like a smart refactoring.

Glen Ezkovich
HardBop Consulting
glen at hard-bop.com