cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Lutz Thomas <l...@aim-ag.com>
Subject CForms Binding: Update flag on change of form or repeater row
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 09:25:24 GMT
Hi !

Are there plans to include something like an on-update-flag into CForms /
Binding?

I can flag inserted and deleted repeaters, but there is no chance to mark a
record as modified. This could be of importance (at least for me :-) ) when
dealing with databases that store historic data. In case of handling a
"tree" form update submit with some repeater-widgets you can not figure out
which records have been modified.

I had a look at the binding sources, and I found that there is a check old
vs. new value, and a debug message, if those are not equal.

Are there plans for including some flagging there ?

I'd maybe try my luck on implementing a patch, but as I am quite new to java
and even newer to cocoon, I'd welcome any hints :-) !

Best regards,

Thomas Lutz