cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Ezkovich <gez...@cox.net>
Subject Re: Small dilemma: are Actions still recommended?
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:33:16 GMT

On Jun 14, 2005, at 3:30 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

>> Then the DatabaseSelectAction shouldn't be used as an example to
>> access Employee data from the database but the HTTPHeaderAction
>> would be a good example of how one can set the response headers?
>>

> I'd say yes, but it's not a black and white thing.

Never is. What I'm looking for is just a baseline for novice users.
As they gain experience and sophistication, I would expect them to
make their own decisions based on the use case and resources
available. I don't want to provide an example that would violate
basic best practices.

Glen Ezkovich
HardBop Consulting
glen at hard-bop.com