cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Max Pfingsthorn" <>
Subject RE: cocoon-cforms-library
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 14:03:15 GMT
Hello Sylvain!

Thank you! Unfortunately, I didn't have the chance to do much with Multimedia Information
Retrieval yet. If you are interested, here is the website of the research group concerned
with this at my university:
My personal interest lies mostly in Web Applications, and also Autonomous Systems (e.g. Robots
and Software Agents). So, my interests in multimodal systems is rather from an information/sensor
fusion perspective.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sylvain Wallez []
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2005 14:37
Subject: Re: cocoon-cforms-library

Max Pfingsthorn wrote:

>Dear Cocoon Devs,
>My Name is Max Pfingsthorn, I currently study for my Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence
at the University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You can have a look at my CV (last updated
Dec.2004) here:
>I would also like to declare my interest in this project (CForms extension), or another
involving Cocoon. I've used Cocoon extensively at my workplace ( for about 6
months, and lately also for my studies in Information Retrieval, where I had to implement
a lot of custom functionality (like a search transformer for Terrier,
Currently I am also working on Slide for my employer to help speed up the DASL execution through
using Lucene. Through this time I've grown quite fond of the ASF ;)
>I'm currently sifting though the code for the cforms to understand it better and base
a proposal on it. I just wanted to let everyone know and be part of the discussion.

Welcome Max!

Reading your interesting CV, I saw you are working on multimodal
systems, which is an area of interest to me. Are you using Cocoon for this?