cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Irv Salisbury <>
Subject Re: XML databinding in Javaflow
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 00:25:28 GMT
On 6/30/05, Torsten Curdt <> wrote:
> > Hey, I guess I seem to be sending a bit too much today, sorry.  Big
> > deadline tomorrow...
> Switching languages with that deadline?
> ...that's brave :)
> > So, it seems like if I use helper objects to delegate stuff, the
> > doesn't block anymore.  Looks like that all has to be done
> > in the same AbstractContinuable, and it can't send that off to
> > different objects.  Nice to know.  (Please correct me if I am wrong)
> Nope ...for the 2.1 javaflow they only need
> to implement the Continuable interface. That
> should be it for a proper delegation.
> > We had done all of our initial javascript functions in one file, then
> > delegated off to helper files.  Looks like we won't be able to do that
> > with JavaFlow.  Looks like when you enter a doXXX method, anything
> > that calls showForm has to be on that same object.
> ...just have the helper classes implement the
> Continuable interface. (Just a marker interface)
> Sorry, need to hit the sack.
> Good luck with the deadline.
> cheers
> --
> Torsten

Brave is an interesting term... :-)

We have to work in Weblogic.  There is a nasty bug in Rhino that is
preventing it from working in Weblogic 8.1.  We are working on
resolution from BEA but not holding our breath.  We have to comment
tomorrow on whether or not switching to JavaFlow will solve our
problem.  Takes a little while to get used to, but nice to have strong
type checking again :-)

Thanks for the help.

View raw message