cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Irv Salisbury <irv.salisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XML databinding in Javaflow
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 23:36:27 GMT
On 6/30/05, Torsten Curdt <tcurdt@apache.org> wrote:
> Irv Salisbury wrote:
> > Ok, it doesn't seem to be as much about data binding as it seems that
> > form.show doesn't block like the form.showForm in javascript.  (Or
> > maybe it is something I am doing wrong?)
> >
> > The only weirdness is that we are calling the form.show inside a
> > static block of a helper class.  Is that going to cause a problem?  It
> > seems like the form.show is not stopping, our code right after it is
> > getting called.
>
> <snip/>
>
> > The problem is, we see the done log while the form is still showing.
> > Aaargh!!!! :-)
>
> ...not stopping usually means - did not get rewritten.
> Are you sure everything gets rewritten fine?
>
> cheers
> --
> Torsten

Now that I have moved everything out of the helper object into the
same AbstractContinuable subclass, it all seems to be working.  I
don't know what magic is going on, but it seems like calling showForm
outside of the method on the AbstractContinuable is a no-no.  Maybe I
can have another class extend AbstractContinuable?