cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Ezkovich <g...@hard-bop.com>
Subject Re: Sitemap: flow and interpreters
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2005 02:05:43 GMT

On Jun 11, 2005, at 7:53 PM, Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> On Sab, 11 de Junio de 2005, 10:34, Carsten Ziegeler dijo:
>
>> Glen Ezkovich wrote:
>>

>>> The fix appears easy, but is something broken? Has someone expressed
>>> the desire to use two languages in a single sitemap or is this just
>>> an instance of feature creep?
>>>
>> I tend to agree, so I think we should for now just forbid to write
>> different map:flow sections in a single sitemap (by different I mean
>> that they use a different interpreter). If someone wants to use more
>> than one language we can add that easily.
>>

> This made me think about the future:
>
> 1-Exists or will exists the need to migrate JSflow to javaFlow (legal,
> convenience, user desire or whatever)?

Easing migration would be more of concern if my answer to #2 were
yes. There are workarounds that I think would be more appropriate
such as separate sitemaps for migrating to JavaFlow.

> 2-Should we want to encourage people to write Javaflow instead of
> JSFlow?

No. While I plan on using Javaflow going forward, JSFlow makes flow
available to Javascript programers (web masters).

> 3-Need to be a web glue for flow code too?

Don't know yet. What is the use case?

I just think its prudent to wait until there is a real need before we
add a feature that may introduce complexities.

Glen Ezkovich
HardBop Consulting
glen at hard-bop.com

A Proverb for Paranoids: