cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: "CForms - XUL" Project proposal
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 05:06:53 GMT
Hi Maksim,

Thanks for sending your initial proposal. Please keep an eye on comments
done by community members.

I did some annotations between lines....

On Dom, 12 de Junio de 2005, 14:36, Maksim Kashynski dijo:
> Hi everybody!
> My name is Maksim Kashynski.
>
> I am interested in working on CForms-XUL project under Google SoC.
>
> So this is my proposal's draft.
> Problem:

Cocoon CForms currently supports only HTML rendering. Mozilla XUL is a XML
dialect used to construct user interfaces. With XUL is posible to build
more-interactive applications. XUL can provide a front end for cforms.

> Solution
>   Provide XUL rendering for CForms using existing CForms model by adding
> appropriate transformations, mostly XSL stylesheets.

The new XUL interface will interact with the cform server model at least
as well than current HTML implementation.

> Benefits to community
This project is one of the user requested enhancements in Cocoon Forms.
The project will allow cocoon community get in touch with Mozilla XUL,
helps to start collaboration between both communities. This will make
Cocoon more popular.

> Description of approach.
>   XUL is an XML-based language, so the main goal is to provide correct
> FD/FT -> XUL XSLTs.
>   Another importaint goal is to deliver Action handling to XUL.
>   Event handling in both HTML and XUL is JavaScript-based, so it will be
> not very hard to imlement it.
not very hard to implement it.

> Milestones of delivery.
> 30.06.2005 - Complete test environment for FD - XUL transformation.
> 15.07.2005 - Basic widget rendering
> 30.07.2005 - Provide Action handling
> 10.08.2005 - Event handling to XUL
> 15.08.2005 - Beta version - providing most functionality, but with some
> bugs
> 30.08. 2005 - Release  - complete functional system providing full CForms
> functionality in XUL and easy content type switching (XUL/HTML) for XUL
> based browsers.
>
> About myself.
>
> Citizenship: Belarus.
> Currently enrolled to MSc in Computer Engg. programe at Hogskolan Dalarna,
> Sweden
> May 2004 - Present moment - Web Developer, Exadel Inc, Minsk
> (developing webapps under Tomcat and WebSphere, mostly with Struts and
> JSF,
> also lots of  XSLT (FOP)).
> September 1999 - May 2004 - Belarusian State Univ. of Information Science
> and Radio Electronics - Software Engineer
>
> I have played with Cocoon for several weeks and find it very powerful
> thing.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo