cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Ezkovich <g...@hard-bop.com>
Subject Re: [QVOTE] Add getSitemapURIPrefix() to the Request
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2005 20:33:28 GMT

On Jun 24, 2005, at 9:23 AM, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>

>> Hey All,
>>
>> Lazy vote here on the subject of adding getSitemapURIPrefix method
>> to the Request interface. Details are in the bug mentioned below.
>>

> +1
>
> And as eveybody comments on the name, I like it as it is explicit.
> We have so many pathes and prefixes around in Cocoon :-)

I like the explicitness as well but I was just wondering if there is
a need to be so explicit here. Given a sitemap location a/b and a
request URI of a/b/c/d
would any one expect to get a/b/c as the URI prefix for a/b/c/e? If
the answer is yes, then do we need a getCompleteURIPrefix so that we
could move files around inside a sitemap's directory structure as well?

I've been accused of being to explicit in my naming and I'm working
on finding some middle ground. :-)

Glen Ezkovich
HardBop Consulting
glen at hard-bop.com