cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: Marking cforms stable in 2.1.8
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 07:49:30 GMT

On Jun 6, 2005, at 11:44 AM, Ralph Goers wrote:

> We have a project that needs to use a forms framework that is more
> advanced than what SimpleForms provides.  However, it is difficult on
> selling cforms simply because they are marked unstable.  What is it
> going to take to mark it stable in 2.1.8?  Can we simply identify the
> known bugs in bugzilla and mark it stable?

I don't know what's going on with your group, but the problem may be
that we define "unstable" = "API subject to change", but the word
"unstable" has other connotations, e.g. "broken", "alpha", "not ready
for prime-time" (also "prone to undergo a spontaneous nuclear decay
reaction" :-).

Why don't we just

1)  take everything currently marked "stable", and re-badge those as
"frozen";

2) take forms, and anything else like it, and mark it as "stable"!

I.e., redefine "stable" to mean what average people think it means.

(half-joking,)
—ml—
:-)